Looking for something?

Monday, August 1, 2016

The Misadventures of Pappu Singham Ep. 1

Pappu Singham was impatiently tapping the steering wheel. Suddenly, she heard something that sounded like a nut, fall. She stopped tapping.

But she was still impatient. So, to keep her mind off the blocked road, she looked out of her window. She couldn't see much, of course, because half of it was blocked out by the drain water flowing by, which contained stuff that she wanted to keep her mind off too.


So, she tried to look through the top half of the window. And saw a paper boat. Floating away happily.


'Just keep moving, just keep moving...', she heard the boat sing in the voice of a very familiar fish.


"I must be getting crazy".


"Crazier! You are already crazy!", piped in her crazy mind voice.


"You are the one who is crazy, you crazy old mind voice! I have already wasted one of my lives stuck in this blasted traffic! I don't want to risk losing a few others by having to kill you!"


"She is the one who has redefined the phrase "cat lady" and she calls me crazy. Gah!", muttered the mind voice.


"What?"


"Nothing!"


Suddenly Pappu watches the signal turn green.


"Finally!"


She starts the engine in response but the car sputters like a drowned fish, bellowing a blast of bubbles in the muddy water.


"Don't die on me now, you old museum piece of...!"


The elderly gray car harrumphed harder into the murky water, creating a ripple that sent shivers down the entire..... frame of Pappu.


"...antiquated beauty and engineering marvel. You have been a faithful serv..."


"Hrmpph!"


"... soldier of yore, braving the great traffic for ages, and will do so for ages to come. Please O great master... start of thee own accord so that thy faithful servant could venture a few centimeters ahead."


The sagely car pleased with her entreaty, started with a start.


Relief and joy elated Pappu and she smiled away happily and gushed to push the accelerator, when instead she had to brake.


The lights had turned red again.


Angrily, she hit hard on the steering wheel.


This time, she definitely heard a few parts fall. She cringed in regret.


"Please just somehow float to my house. I promise I will never do this again."



Next morning

"Please just somehow float to my office. I promise I will never do this again."

No comments:

Post a Comment