Looking for something?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Anguish

Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!
Unshackle me, let me loose
I will shout! I will shout! I will shout!
Untie me, set me free

Strangers are not my foes
Their thoughts, who knows?
But love! O stifling love!
How it binds me! How it holds me!
Taunts and jibes, Pleas and tears
How they strike me! How they hurt me!

These ropes! These chains! This burden!
Take them off, let me fly
This room! No doors! No windows!
I can't breathe, show me light

Open fields, the clear blue sky
I think of these, in my cage as I lie
O freedom! O glorious freedom!
How I long thee! How I love thee!
Goals and dreams, Youth and love
How they elude me! How they call me!

Gone is the spring! Gone is its freshness!
Gone are the days when we jumped over chasms
Gone is the lyre! Gone is its music!
Gone are the eyes that cherished love and dreams
Gone is the soul! Gone is its substance!
Gone are the times when the heart could carry all.

No comments:

Post a Comment