Looking for something?

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Plan Gone Wrong

 “Name?”

“Aaliyah Roberts.”

“Your name’s not on the list. What are you doing here?”

“They sent me here.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know. Them. Those cherubs. At the gate.”

“Cherubs? But... oh! Those new-age pesky ones! Always creating mischief! I’m sorry Miss...”

“Ma’am. No. Miss. Arrggghh... whatever!!”

“Hmmm... lot... of.... angst....”

“What are you writing?”

“Huh? Oh this? Just a note. Take it and go back to the gate. They will redirect you to the right place.”

“I’m not going all the way back there! Do you even know how long it took me to reach here??”

“Well... you’ll be around for an eternity anyway.”

“Why don’t you just call them and ask?”

“Call?”

“Yes. Just ring them up.”

“We don’t have telephones here, Ma’am.”

“Oh.”

“So if you’ll please go...”

“No.”

“Ma’am, there are people waiting behind you. I have a loooonnngg day ahead of me. Please don’t make it worse.”

“Oh. So now you’ll guilt-trip me, huh?”

“I...”

“My husband used to do that. A lot. I have no idea how he could do that, after he cheated on me.”

“Oh.”

“Exactly!”

“That must’ve been some talent.”

“Are you... admiring him?”

“Well... you must agree that a man must have some special talent to make the woman he betrayed feel guilty while he would just happily go around... err...”

“Philandering?”

“Errr... yes... well...”

“Arggghh... all men are the same!”

“Ma’am, please calm down!”

“Calm down?! I wouldn’t be here if not for him!”

“I... don’t quite understand.”

“Well! Fed up of him sowing his wild oats around, I poisoned his food one night.”

“Oh!”

“Yes! It was an excellent plan. Except, that night when I found some new messages on his phone, he was extra sweet to me. Began to sweet-talk me. Even fed me dinner.”

“Wait. What?”

“Exactly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment